This document is OMT Global’s policy in response to the requirements of the Data Protection Acts.
OMT Global, as a Data Controller, is required by law to comply with the following Irish legislation relating to the processing of Personal Data:
- The Data Protection Act 1988 (The Principle Act) and
- The Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. As of May 25th, all organisations working with data of EU citizens will need to be GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.
See below for OMT Global’s steps taken to ensure conformity.
- OMT Global have reviewed our current data protection policy and have updated it to ensure we are fully compliant with the GDPR. When you provide your email address to us, we will only use this to send you our newsletter and blogs each month. Your email address will not be shared with any other organisation.
- OMT Global keeps a record of when and how we receive consent from an individual and what we were told at that time.
- OMT Global gives you the right to withdraw consent using an easy unsubscribe button on our website. We can ensure that you can withdraw consent without detriment.
OMT Global takes the confidentiality of all personal information particularly seriously and consequently takes all reasonable steps to comply with the principles of the Data Protection Acts. OMT Global aims to collect personal information only, in order to meet specific legitimate purposes, and to retain that information only for as long as those purposes remain valid. Ordinarily, OMT Global will not pass personal information to any third party, except where required by law, statutory obligations or legitimate purposes balanced against the rights and interests of the data subject. OMT Global is committed to ensuring that all employees, associates, contractors and data processors comply with the Data Protection Acts regarding:
- the processing and confidentiality of any personal data held by OMT Global, and
- the privacy rights of individuals under the legislation.
Data Protection Principles to comply with the law information (as defined by the Data Protection Acts) must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully.
OMT Global recognises the need to protect the privacy of the personal information that we collect from you. Users should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. By submitting information, you agree to OMT’s use of such information as described below and as mentioned when information is collected.
Collect and process information
The data will be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully. It will be kept with the consent of programme participants and the client organisations and will be used solely for the purpose agreed in the contract/proposal.
OMT collects personal information once you sign up for our newsletter and other future events, webinars etc. You are informed of the nature of the data collected and whether or not providing the data is compulsory by informative notices displayed at the time the data is requested from you on the website. The personal information collected may consist of contact information such as names, company name, e-mail addresses, telephone. We may ask for further optional information from time to time to get a better picture of our visitors and their preferences. OMT encourages users to provide this information to ensure that the content of our website will remain relevant to your interests and needs.
Use and disclose only in ways compatible with these purposes
Processing and Disclosure of personal data should not be incompatible with the specified purpose for which it was obtained.
You are informed of the use of the data collected by informative notices provided at the time the data is requested from you. OMT will only also uses personal information to measure visitor usage and interest to help us improve the content and functionality of our website. The e-mail addresses provided allow us to send e-mail giving you notice of the existence of new contents to you based on the areas of interest you may have indicated to us. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notices of content, you will be given the opportunity to indicate this preference. OMT uses personal information collection from cookies and IP addresses as described below.
Keep it safe and secure
OMT Global, as the Data Controller, is responsible for applying adequate security structures to prevent unlawful or inadvertent processing, alteration or loss of the data.
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- The Data obtained should be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain for no longer than is necessary
- The Data should not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request The Data Subject, the person to whom the information relates, has a Right of Access.
- The Controller must store and maintain the data in such a manner as to be able to respond to a Subject Access Request in a timely manner.
Cookies and IP addresses
Disclosure to third-parties
OMT does not disclose your personal information to third-parties, with the following exception of email storage providers and other data storage protected sites.
External links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of third-party websites. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these websites before providing any information to them.
Access, changes and deletions
You may access, correct, update and/or delete any personal information, unsubscribe from mailing lists.
For further information